Sunday 2 October 2016

Review...His Beautiful Nightmare by Kam Newton


3.5 Stars
Cobolt Wolfe is a bit of a drifter. Never staying in one place for long, he finds himself going to the small town of Cape Crescent for a vintage car show. Once he's there, he finds himself in no rush to leave and sets about getting a job.

Ruby Lee was born in Cape Crescent. She owns her own business and is trying to get her life back on track after a turbulent couple of years. After getting away from an abusive ex, Ruby is still feeling uneasy so when her friend Sami asks her to come support her new self defence class, Ruby goes along not expecting the gorgeous, tattooed hunk that's helping with the class.

Even though Rubys past is coming back to haunt her and Colt is fighting his own monsters, they can't deny the attraction between them.

I liked this book. I liked the characters and the storyline had plenty of twists that kept me guessing. What starts off as a simple attraction soon develops into something deeper and that's when the characters start to shine. And not just the two main characters, their friends and Mrs Johnson are great too and you get a real feel for the relationships between them all.

Now, let me explain my 3.5 stars...It was a little bit too sweet in places for me, while the instalove didn't bother me, I did find some parts a little too lovey dovey. The overuse of certain words (in particular, hey) niggled me. The dark parts kind of edged on been dark (for me). I could see the potential to go darker but it never quite got there (I'm a dark kinda girl, they're the bits i like the best ;) )

Overall I did enjoy this book. For a debut book Kam Newton has done a good job and I can't wait to see how the next book goes. She's definitely got potential and she's going on my list of new authors to keep an eye on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment