Sunday 18 March 2018

Review: Drowning by Margaret McHeyzer






This Story will stay with me for a long time to come. It does deal with mental health issues and other issues that are both pretty close to my own heart. This book a beautifully written, the story is great, the feelings are so powerful. 

It is emotionally raw and heartbreaking.


I loved Ivy and Tobias they are two broken souls both fighting their own demons in the only way they think they can... I loved Jared her best friend... The side characters are so good as well, Tobias grandmother I loved her she is so cool. I loved how she dealt with a certain person he only got what he deserved, A baseball bat<<<< that was brilliant. 

This will make sense when you read the book. Ivy and Tobias fought their demons came out stronger. However, sadly not everyone can fight his or her demons.

All I will say is have loads of tissues to hand, I went through a lot reading this book but so worth it. I love the message. Please if you are dealing with one of the issues in this book or any mental health issues please speak out, there is someone out there willing to help or even just listen. 

There is no real way of describing this book to be able to do it justice. Margaret amazes me every time with her storytelling. This book will be one of my favorite books, definitely one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment