Monday 17 October 2016

Review...Black Swan Affair by K.L Kreig



☆☆☆☆ Five Heart-wrenching Stars




I'm staying away from the story as much as possible. You need to experience the feelings for yourself. I literally only put this book down to sleep, it's that addictive. 



Maverick has been in love with Killian since forever. When he marries her sister, Maverick marries his brother, who's one of her best friends, just to hurt him. 

Told in both past and present tenses, this book tore me up. From the start I loved Maverick, my heart broke for her and I so badly wanted her to end up with her happily ever after. Torn between her brother in law and her husband, their story gets told in hers and Kael's PoV. A story that's filled with lies, deception, want, need and a deep, deep love. I knew from the start who I wanted her to end up with and I'm not even going to lie, I did the whole fist pump thing at least twice and, yes I also did a happy dance at the end. 



I loved the way the story was told. With a massive question hanging over you from the first chapter I admit my anxiety got out of control needing to know who it was!! The story flits back and forth giving all the important details from Maverick, Killian and Kaels lives together, and I loved all the little details added that helped me make up my mind who I wanted her to end up with. There is no obvious bad guy in this book and I struggled a bit with that. Both men are likeable men, they both do what they think is best for Maverick even when it hurts them so badly. 


This is an emotional book. I'm not going to forget it anytime soon. The characters are very real. The emotions, the sadness, the love, the laughter...it twisted my insides. 
I spent this full book wanting to know who she was going to end up with, my heart breaking for all three characters. 

A really fantastic, emotional, absolutely heart wrenching romance that slowly ripped tiny little pieces of my heart off, wrung them out and then stuck them back together again. A must read for angst lovers.



No comments:

Post a Comment