Monday 19 September 2016

Review...Darkest Before Dawn by Stevie J. Cole



☆☆☆☆ 4 STARS
Max has a dark past. At the age of 16 he's forced to make a choice that will affect his life forever, leaving just him and his younger sister Lila for the next 12 years. When Lila seems to vanish into thin air, Max sets off on a mission to find her and he has no limits as to how far he'll go when it comes to finding his sister. 

I'm not sure what to think about Max. There's no doubt he does bad things and enjoys them but I don't know if he's a bad man trying to do the right thing or a good man that lost his way. Either way he is trying. 




 19 year old Ava is out on a date when her life changes forever and she's thrown into a nightmare. I liked Ava. She's got her own past that still affects her now but she deals with it. She can be sassy, strong and smart but is it enough to save her?


I loved the story, Max's character completely intrigued me. He plays his part so very well even now after finishing I still don't know what to really think about him. Full of deceit, some twists, brilliant characters, some dark and some light, I really enjoyed Max and Ava's story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment