Thursday 15 September 2016

Review...Cirque: Act 1 by A. Giannoccaro



☆☆☆☆☆ 5 STARSThis is a hard book to review. 
I'm going to try and stay away from the actual story as much as I can because it's better to experience it for yourselves. 

Sivan is a very complex character. Although he's your everyday guy on the outside, there is another side of him that's banging on the door demanding to be let out, and he's finding it harder and harder to keep his clown at bay. I love Sivan. He is such a complex character that really made me fall in love with him. I loved that you get a real insight into his mind and emotions, you find out his trigger and the author shows you just how deep his obsession runs.

 When he finally meets someone that he connects with, he's still desperately trying to balance both sides of himself and although he's struggling, he really is trying. 
This book is nothing like I expected. I have read and loved Ashleigh's previous books and this is so completely different compared to them, id never have guessed she could write about a really lovable clown. 
Cirque is twisty, it's got plenty of complex characters in it, a story that's starting to pick up speed ready for Act 2 and it left me desperate for the next book. It has a seedy, grubby kind of feel to it in places and it fit the tone of the book brilliantly. The descriptions and the atmosphere this author creates had me actually feeling like I was there with Sivan. I was the invisible stranger on the outskirts looking in and I loved every single second of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment