Monday 19 September 2016

Review...Blended by Sasha Brümmer


☆☆☆☆☆  5 STARS


This is the first book I've read by this author so I had no idea what I was in for.

Blended starts off strong. Hadley comes across as hard, brash and very upfront at first BUT there is a reason for this which is explained at the start of the book. 

Straightaway I loved/loathed Hadley. She's surviving the only way she knows how and i loved that about her. She's tough and a genuinely nice woman. She's also very weak at times which made my blood boil (I'm not going to lie, I'm shocked my kindle is in one piece) but after getting to know her more, it all makes sense.

Hadley was thrown into the foster system and for the next eight years, she's stuck in Hell. Describing herself as 'an easy skank', it's very clear she has no self confidence..No sense of self worth. She left me feeling conflicted. Knowing her past and her reasons for doing what she does, I tried not to hate her but there were times I wanted to punch her in the face. I mean come on!!! Seriously??

Wade is a businessman who feels an instant connection to Hadley. Suave, good looking, sophisticated and charming, he can have any woman he wants. But he's not the one night stand kinda guy when it comes to Hadley. He wants more than one night and is on a mission to break down her walls. BUT there's something he's hiding (which I really did NOT see coming at all). With the patience of a saint, I absoutely loved him.

Hadley for the first half of this book had me swapping and changing my mind about her constantly. I loved her. I hated her. I loved her. She made me want to scream, smash my kindle up and then sit for five hours banging my head against a wall. Then a few lines later I wanted to wrap her up in cotton wool and love her forever.

The characters in this book are brilliant. I loved them all, Hadley and Wade, their best friends Lola, Isla and Liam. They all help to give this story that little bit more. This book did pull me in, the pull between the two characters and their complex emotions are really well written and the first half of this book is like an emotional rollercoaster.
Now I need Liam's story so I can decide if I love him, hate him or just wanna.......him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment