Wednesday 3 August 2016

Review...Rock Bottom by Josephine Traynor



☆☆☆☆ 4.5 stars



Reece can't go anywhere without been recognised. Just as he's about to go on his first world tour, his best friend and band mate Sean vanishes, leaving Reece skint, homeless, with his dreams in tatters and facing the backlash on his own.

Reece, at the start of this book, is your typical spoilt pop start. He's used to everyone else dealing with the day to day running of his life and he's nowhere near prepared to be on his own. When he finds himself in the "middle of bum f*ck nowhere", he's alone. Really alone and with no help. Even going to the shop is an ordeal for him until Madelyn takes pity on him and shows him a little kindness.

I loved Madelyn. She's been used and thrown to the wolves in her past and sees something in Reece that reminds her that everyone needs some help sometimes. And he needs a LOT of help. He can't cook. He doesn't wash pots and don't even get me started on the bathroom (you'll know what I mean when you read it). Not to mention the washing machine *shakes head*

Reece was one of those characters that when I started reading, I really didn't think i was going to like him. But as his character develops and his true self starts to shine, he really won me over. Madelyn is another great character. Independent, sassy, sweet and secretive, I loved her.
A really good debut book from Josephine Traynor and I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment